The Best Pancake Recipe Ever!Erik Linzander @ 2019-01-24 17:13:19 +0100
Okay, first things first, the quest of finding the ultimate pancakes recipe is perhaps a never-ending journey but we think we are pretty darn close with this one. Let's face it, pancakes are probably the best thing in the world so a good pancake recipe is key in every household. Here at HIT THE HAY we take breakfast quite serious, it is indeed the most important meal of the day.
Today we are doing Classic American Pancakes, grab a bawl and let's go!
Approximately 8 Pancakes
- 3 dl Flour ✔️
- 1 tsp Baking powder ✔️
- 0,5 tsp Bicarbonate ✔️
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar ✔️
- 1 pinch of Salt ✔️
- 1 tsp Vanilla sugar or such (optional) ✔️
- 3,5 dl of Yoghurt ✔️
- 0,5 dl of Rapeseed or sunflower oil (not olive oil, trust me)
- 1 Egg ✔️
- Butter for frying ✔️
- Toppings of your choosing, butter, syrup, Nutella, jam, fresh berries, you name it!. ✔️
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Mix in Sour milk, egg yolk and the oil (save the egg white on the side, you'll need it for later)
- Now to one of the important steps, whisk the egg white alone until it gets hard and fluffy and then mix together with the rest.
- Heat up a frying pan with some butter, approximately 1 tablespoon, pour the excess butter into the batter, whisk and then pour 0,5 to 1 dl of batter into the frying pan.
- Turn the pancake when you see small bubbles on the top.
- Enjoy with friends, loved ones and coffee, or by yourself, we don't judge!